An important system in any building design is a plumbing system. These systems consist of a network of pipes that distributes fresh drinking and waste water throughout a building. A properly designed plumbing system should bring in fresh water to a building and remove the waste water into a sewer. Typical plumbing fixtures that are sized and selected are: lavatory, sinks, toilets, roof drains, gas boiler, pool, washers, and bathtubs. All of these plumbing fixtures require a network of pipes behind walls to function. Our licensed professional engineers have extensive experience designing theses plumbing systems.
We have extensive experience in the following:
- International Plumbing Code
- New water main for domestic use from the street
- New sanitary drains and traps
- Stormwater retention
- Sizing and selecting a piping network from the plumbing system
- Interact with the New York City Department of Environmental Protection and Con Edison to provide new domestic water service, sprinkler water service, natural gas service, and sewer service.
- Survey of Existing Building Conditions
We are involved in all phases of the design process, which includes the following:
- Conceptual Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Document Preparation (including drawings and specifications)
- Construction Administration